Friday, April 17, 2009

The Transition: St. Patrick's Sec. School to Three Rivers School

Thanks to Edith Phoa for these photos which were taken in February, 2010.


Joairidah Seman, Edith Phoa & Marcell Usup Pak



Our classroom made shabby by the years and a lack of paint.
What happened to those nice study wood chairs we used to have?

I don't recognize this building.


The church where we received our First Communion and our Confirmation.
It too has been rebuilt.

*************************************************


Please find yourselves and those you remember in the pictures below and send me a note so I can caption them.


Form Three (1974)


Form 2A(1973)


1974

Gemma Atta, Edith Phoa, Evelyn Marie Joseph, Nizam ? and Henry Mikui

Kneeling: Saidah Dom?


6 comments:

  1. In circulation now and I have put a name to most of them. See how many comes back. It is amazing you still have these pictures....precious memories from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Form 3 picture,look at Henry then? He has his shirt unbuttoned, long hair and also David. Wow both guys were the handsome kids in town right then...hahahah. The ladies have all their hairs parted in the middle. I can recognise BUSING right away! I guess then there was no rules like you cannot have your hairs cover your ears or forehead for the guys, we have that rebellious look, but discipline-wise we were ok. We were then just teenagers wanting to have fun and we did truly enjoyed our schooling days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember i did keep this picture but was misplaced and never recovered, so nice you still keep it and indeed we now realize how harmonious we were then....this should be the exact 1MALAYSIA theme..just wonder whats the name of that tall "bollywood" hero standing beside me..hehehe...is it annuar?..
    cheers augustine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know how Henry got away with wearing his shirt unbuttoned. We had all kinds of rules about our uniforms but it would appear that those rules were never enforced. Looking back now, we got away with quite a bit.
    Yes, you are right Augustine, we were a living example of harmony ... no one had to tell us, we just lived it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Evelyn and former classmates/schoolmates who still remember me. I think I'm in the 1973 picture sitting next to Evelyn but I didn't make it to TRS. My familiy moved to Sibu at the end of 1973. Thanks Maliha for encouraging me to visit this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Salmah Ibrahim? Course we remember you. Where are you now? I'll start captioning the St. Patrick class photos soon, I promise.

    ReplyDelete