Thursday, July 12, 2012

Reunion in Kuching, Sarawak, Sept. 2010

There was a lot of laughter as stories of chicken napping, coconut and rambutan stealing were remembered ... ah, the days of our childhood ... of long hot days and rides to the beach. The years have gone by but the memories are still as clear as day ... and of those we could not quite remember, there were enough people around to remind us.

Reenacting the many dances we all performed in all the school concerts at St. Patrick's and Three Rivers'

L-R: Wilbert, Usup, Maliha, Abby, John, Evelyn, Joairidah, Edith, Priscilla, Ramon, Peter, Sulaiman, Catherine James.


The group of five together again; Maliha, Abby, Evelyn, Jo & Edith

The years have gone by but the friendship remains

 Reliving the old days

Iman (Priscilla's daughter) messing with Catherine






 All together now except for Ramon who is still trying to figure why he was not in the school picture



Where was I? asks Ramon


Maliha, Catherine and Edith being healthy and eating fruits

Priscilla, Wilbert, Evelyn and Priscilla's sons, L-R: Johann & Jeremy


Well here is the school picture -- where was Ramon?

Happy Birthday, Evelyn!



6 comments:

  1. Nostalgia is a mysterious feeling! Out of nowhere, i felt a need to know where my former classmates from St. Patrick's are

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one in particular. I was in the classes of 1972 to 1974. Form 3A in 1974. I moved to another school for my forms 4 and 5; not Three Rivers School, unfortunately. How we have all moved on in our lives and now
    pentagarians. I remember those names but the faces have changed a lot. A few of the guys like myself seem to have lost hair totally. Thanks to the comments and posts from these webpages. If there is another reunion in the future I may come along. Have a wonderful and happy life everyone. Cheers cheers. Lads vidas felices a todos juntos. Huras huras

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, we may have another "reunion" in a couple of years. Hope to see you there! The years go by far too quickly and it's always nice to look back at the way we were.

      Delete
  3. Hello my friends from TRS.
    It is delightful to see that you have a blog page. I have just discovered it, having reread my diaries from 1966 when I was a VSA teacher at Three Rivers School. I taught mainly the Form 1 Classes and Transition class while taking lots of Basketball, Rugby and the School Choir! I also helped to look after the boys in Rejang Hostel. What a wonderful year it was. I am hoping to get hold of the book published recently about the years from 1961-1971.
    Warm greetings to you all.
    Andrew Thornley, from New Zealand, now residing in Sydney, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry for the tardy response, Andrew. Do you still need a copy of the book?

      Delete